Gone are the days when we had to wait for days to receive important messages. As the world progresses towards the fastest technologies day by day, emails have conquered hearts for years making it the medium to exchange messages including personal, business, federal and global. There are various email providers in service today offering different features to stand out in the race. These can be accessed through a browser and are commonly available free of cost. Some of the best webmail providers are discussed here.
Released much early as 2004, Google’s Gmail is one of the largest webmail providers and is much popular among the lot. With more than a billion users around the world, Gmail has developed with features to make emailing a more personalized experience. Using Gmail has ever been easy with its simple appearance and great aspects
- There are three paid plans in G-suit – Basic( $5per user per month), Business($10 per user per month) and Enterprises($25 per user per month)-which extend your options of storage and support.
- All your messages can be categorized by labelling them as primary, social, promotions, updates and forums.
- It provides a storage space of 15GB which can be extended by using paid plans.
- Emails can be scheduled to be sent at previously assigned times.
- Expiry time can also be set for emails.
- Favourite emails can be prioritized.
- Gmail can be accessed offline with Google Chrome.
- The emails can be translated into various languages.
- Documents can be saved to google drive.
- Sent messages can be undone within 30 seconds of sending
Launched by the ever familiar Microsoft, Outlook provides powerful features for its users. Underneath the simple presentation are many tools to improve user experience. From focussed inboxes to calendar abilities, Outlook excites its users. They give more layout control, message handling options and are well organized.
- It comes with two paid plans-Office 365 Homes($99.99/year) and Office 365 Personal($69.99/year.
- It provides an account to work with Skype and Outlook Calendar.
- Outlook provides options to recover a deleted message.
- Many add-ins are supported by Outlook.
- It makes organizing your mails easier with the automatic organization.
- The real email address can be hidden on your interest.
- Important emails can be easily detected.
Growing up to become one of the largest web service providers, ProtonMail is the right choice for you if you make no compromise on security and privacy. Founded in 2013, it has grown more like an advantage than a replacement to existing platforms like Gmail. The free devices are comparatively limited but the provider gives the best value for your money spend.
- It offers 3 paid plans- plus(£5/month), profession(£8/month) and visionary(£30/month).
- Proton mails give end-to-end encryption in all the stages of sending, receiving and storage.
- The user’s private information cannot be tracked and they remain anonymous.
- The user’s data is safe as the company has no access to it.
- The different mails can also be categorized by tagging them.
- Emails sent with ProtonMail can be encrypted.
- It is available as apps for iOS and Android systems.
With webmail being an integral part of our personal and business lives, the different features of such webmail providers should be looked into to bring us the best features. The optimum features users look into include storage, safety, privacy, accessibility, popularity, user-friendly and cost efficiency When many providers put forward many of these, choosing among the best is all left to do.